Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Exercising in the comfort of your own home, and for free!

I've been doing pretty well with my daily goals for the past couple of days. Tuesday morning I did this low impact cardio workout. Low impact doesn't mean it's too easy! I was definitely sweating by the end. And at 5:30 in the morning, who would want something more intense? Not me!

I had a good breakfast, and school lunch was Japanese style with no gluten, dairy, or eggs. Yay! There was no time to exercise in the evening, but I went grocery shopping and cooked some meals to last the rest of the week. What did I make, you ask? Grilled chicken liver, hijiki salad, and chicken stew seasoned Simon & Garfunkel style, with parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme! Plus, for a nice little October treat I roasted the seeds from the pumpkin I put in the stew.

 
Hijiki is the black seaweed dish in the back.
(Photo taken from wikipedia) 

Today also went well. I did another 30 minute low impact cardio workout followed by a nice healthy breakfast. Then I had to ride my bicycle to work in the rain, ugh! One of the few times I wish I had a car… School lunch had bread and cheese, but I didn’t eat either of them. Wish I had that option at all of my schools! Unfortunately I didn't have time for a workout in the evening because I stayed overtime at work. Thankfully I had that chicken stew I made yesterday ready to go for an awesome dinner!

Veggies and pumpkin and chicken, oh my!

Back when I started wanting to exercise regularly, a couple friends of mine recommended bodyrock.tv. It was the first time I had used online videos to learn how to effectively work out with very little equipment in my small room. I was so excited to not need to go to a gym! They weren’t videos that you follow along with, but rather they tell you what the routine for the day is and explain how to do the moves, and then you can do it on your own. So I took notes on what the exercises were and how to do them, and over more than a year I filled up three little notebooks of workout routines. Fyi, though, bodyrock.tv has changed quite a lot, and I now find the hosts annoying. Thankfully I did such good note taking, now I don’t even need a computer, just one of my notebooks and an interval timer and I’m good to go! If I have time tomorrow evening, I think I'll do this one:

I know it says March, but that's because I originally wrote it down in March, a few years ago! 

I quickly get tired of doing the same workout again and again, but thankfully there are thousands, if not millions, of workout videos on youtube, and a lot of great ideas out there! Have noise sensitive neighbors? Search for quiet workouts! Don't own any equipment? Search for body weight only workouts! There's something for everyone out there, you just have to know what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment